Thursday 5 June 2008

Free

My favourite band has probably got to be Free. I just that band and I’m surprised at how many people have never heard of them. Yes, you must know who Free are, their biggest hits have been All Right Now and Fire and Water. Paul Rodgers is also currently singing with Queen. I’m not so keen on that setup just because Paul Rodgers is very much a blues singer and Queen has no roots in the blues at all. Anyway, I also love Paul Kossoff’s guitar playing. He’s not one of these really extrovert “look at me” type of guitarists in the way that Blackmore or Jimmy Page who are all about testosterone and playing wild and furious. Instead Paul Kossoff is very much about emotion and can be playing in a very frustrated and angry sort of way and suddenly will start playing very sentively as if he’s just broken down with the pain. Any Fraser is also an amazing bass player. I’ve never really been that interested in bass but I love to listen to Andy Fraser.

No comments: